For kids ages 6 through 12, bring your ukulele and come learn the basics of this awesome instrument with music therapy student, Olivia Bickford.
*Every first Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm EST on Zoom!
Olivia is a senior music therapy major at the University of Louisville. She grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, and is a regular St. Louis zoo attendee. Olivia loves going to concerts, going on long drives, and writing poetry in her free time. She sings, plays guitar, piano, and ukulele. Olivia has played the ukulele for five years and is looking forward to joining the UKC Academy as a “kid instructor".
- August 2, 2022- 5:30 EST: Lesson 1: Getting to know the Ukulele
- September 6, 2022- 5:30 EST: Lesson 2: My First Chords
- October 4, 2022- 5:30 EST: Lesson 3: Strumming Patterns
- November 1, 2022- 5:30 EST: Lesson 4: G Chord & Dm Chord
- December 6, 2022- 5:30 EST: Lesson 5: Holiday/End of the Year celebration!
*If you are not one of our UKC Kids or families, please consider a contribution to help support the donation of ukuleles to medically fragile children and teens as well as the new UKC At Home program, providing ukulele resources and music therapy groups to patients once they are discharged home from the hospital. Our goal is to always keep our UKC Academy classes free of charge for our UKC Kids, families, & supporters, and your generous contributions can help us continue that tradition and continue recruiting amazing instructors! Through the donation of ukuleles and support of music therapy, we give the gift of music for life.